Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog 5

1) I think my most significant accomplishment was in my final project. I successfully captured the pictures I needed after a couple trial and errors. I ran into a couple of problems with blurriness but was able to overcome that. For me, I was quite proud of the way I used the burn tool on my second picture (the one with the black eye), I feel like I made it very convincing. I feel like my big idea and theme was well developed, more than that of the midterm. I gave my final more attention because the pictures came from me and each of them reflects a part of my life. I also feel that it could be meaningful to someone else who knows a person in this situation or is actually in an abusive relationship themselves.
My finals can be viewed below.

2) This project came from my midterm. The most challenging part for me was trying to blend the pictures together and make them seamless. I had a difficult time using masks in this picture, I was still new to them and had to work hard to make my selections. For awhile I did not know that the selection was made first before you applied that mask, so once I figured that out I was a master a masks. I also grew fond of the artistic tools. It takes awhile to choose the right one that works with your picture, but once you find it, it makes a great improvement.


3) I'd like to compart my final projects compared to my midterms. In both sets, my big idea was emotion. For my midterm my theme was evolution of love, how love grows and changes over time. The pictures used came from the internet. I feel that I did get my meaning across and portrayed what I was trying to. My final project theme was relationships. For these, I used my own pictures. I think that this was the stronger of my two projects because it directly related to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment