Sunday, November 28, 2010

Artist Statement for Final Project

1) Artist Statement
For my final project, my big idea is emotion. Within this big idea, I will be looking at anger and how it influences actions in a relationship. The two outlooks I want to portray are the couple’s view of the relationship and their perspective. The second view is a by stander, who only see’s a certain part of this relationship. I will use the eye in each of my demonstrations because the eye is a vital tool in seeing and depicting the world around us. In each of the eyes, there is a reflection, one from each of the perspectives. The eye that is in the relationship is blackened and fearful, with an abuser in its presence. The other eye is that of a by-stander who only sees the happy and content couple.  
2)Influences
-The first influence is battered women shelters. Domestic abuse is more common than people know. I feel that more people should be aware of this and those facing domestic abuse should know where to get help. http://www.safehavenshelter.org/
-The second influence came from Alfonso Cevola. I found one of this pictures inspiring. It was useful in helping me portray my reflections in my pictures.
-The final influence came from an artist I found on Flickr, Dude Crush. His use of eyes was amazing. The pictures he took had an abundance of emotion and that was what I was looking for.

 
3) The new Photoshop tool I will attempt to use is the burn tool. I want to use in to create more focus on the eye. Also use it to make the eye appear to be blackened.

No comments:

Post a Comment