Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Artists

Meaghan Coles is an artist who relates to my big idea. She focuses her paintings on emotions, primarily with the face and the hands. I like her use of color. With subtle tones of browns throughout her paintings, and her use of colors around the eyes to pull the attention there. I feel in her paintings, her big idea is emotions. She draws the face based on which emotion she is trying to portray. Meaghan will soften the eyes to make the person look happy, she may harden the eyes to make the painting have a more fierce look. This artist inspires me to use simple and light colors of areas that I want to focus less on, and use vibrant colors where I want to draw the attention to. Also I like how the painting looks like its dripping, it is a way to make the picture blend together. Stylistically, for my final project, I want to use Coles use of color and dripping to make my pictures have a more complete look.
http://meaghancoles.com/Frames_paintings.html

Alberto Seveso is an artist that caught my attention. I was drawn to this artist because of his use of people and how he manipulates them into something exotic and appealing. The big idea this artist focuses on is, I believe, emotion. I find these pictures inspiring because of the advanced use of Photoshop. I like how the pictures have a 3D appearance. The very bottom picture is one of my favorites. I like how the man seems to have a pattern on his skin, while it is still obvious where his features are. I am curious on how they make their selections and how they put the pictures together. For my final project, I am going to try to pull some of these techniques and incorporate them into my picture. I want to try to use tiny pieces of different pictures to create my overall project.
http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/110-artworks-from-the-top-20-digital-artists-in-europe/

1 comment:

  1. Great choices for inspiration that seem to relate well to the big idea of your final project. Cannot wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete